Monday, February 17, 2014

A 1940s Maternity How To

Found this and just had to share. Enjoy.


As someone who is pregnant for the 6th time and, Lord willing, preparing for the birth of baby #4, I can tell you that most of this advice still holds true today. Whether you wear vintage or modern maternity looks, there's a lot to be learned from our grandmothers and great-grandmothers about looking good while pregnant.

Disclaimer: I have no plans on wearing a maternity girdle to slim my shape, nor do I recommend one. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. That just totally made my day. Some great tips--aside from the girdle! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I know I can't imagine a girdle while pregnant. By the end of a pregnancy I can barely stand anything remotely snug on my belly. I did like the bit on posture and not sitting with your legs spread eagle. Definitely something I will have to remind myself by this summer.

    ReplyDelete