Friday, December 12, 2014

Primarily Yours



If you've read my blog at all, you pretty much know that I LOVE bright colors and one of the things I particularly like about vintage fashion is it's use of bright primary colors mixed together. And a great way to emulate a vintage look is to mix and match reds, blues, and yellows. 


This outfit is a mix of vintage and modern pieces and is an easy way to incorporate some vintage into your wardrobe. (If you haven't joined the 12 Days of Vintage Challenge, check out our Flickr page and join us throughout the month of December.) You can still get a passably authentic vintage look by mixing modern and vintage or you can achieve a completely new and modern look. That's part of what I love about vintage, the ability to be and wear it in your own way.

Outfit Details:
Sweater-vintage 1950s beaded yellow sweater, I think from an Etsy seller a while ago.
shirt-red and white striped tank from Old Navy years ago.
skirt-navy lined circle skirt made by me
bangles-vintage lucite and bakelite form various sources
earrings-vintage bakelite berry cluster clip on earrings from eBay
hair comb-vintage plastic red leaf-shaped from eBay

It's been a crazy race to finishing the fall term of our homeschool and preparing for Christmas at our house the last couple weeks and I'm so grateful school is now officially out until January. Now, my sewing machine is running every second I can spare to make Christmas gifts and I'm trying to catch up on neglected housework that I had been unable to do properly since my surgery a few weeks back.


Are you participating in the 12 Days of Vintage Challenge? How do you add a little vintage to your wardrobe? Do you like pairings of primary colors?

1 comment:

  1. really cute I love the beaded cardigan and stripes are always so fun

    retro rover

    ReplyDelete